Monday 7 February 2011

100% Pure: 100% Perfect Everyday Makeup

I now use 100% Pure cosmetics on a daily basis, for two main reasons: firstly, I reckon that for my everyday makeup, totally natural, non-toxic and cruelty-free products are the way to go. Secondly, they work.

Here is a quick overview of the products I use:

100% Pure Flawless Skin Foundation Powder SPF 15


This is an opaque foundation powder made from rice powder. I apply it all over my face using a stipple brush. If I have any redness I just apply a few more layers in those areas and that does the trick. The finish is matte and sheer and because it is so easily bendable it is virtually impossible to tell that there is any product on my skin. It also provides a great base for concealer if needed (see 100% Pure concealer review here), which I top with another light layer of foundation powder to set it for the day (applied with fingertip if it is just a tiny area).





 

100% Pure Black Tea Pigmented Silver Star Gel Eye Liner

Lovely, antioxidant black-tea is the core ingredient of this liner. The colour is dark silver and a bit shimmery, which makes it very versatile. I apply it (with an angled brush) on my water line and under the outer half of my lower lash-line, and then I drag it around the outer corner of my eye onto my top lash-line. Then I smudge it a bit for the casual look, which means I don’t have to touch up at all as I’m not going for uber-neat anyway. I like that it comes in a practical pot, just like M.A.C. Fluidline. It is not quite as durable as M.A.C. Fluidline, but I’m going to buy the blacker version and give that I go as I am still actively seeking a Fluidline replacement.

Overall, this is a great daywear product.


 

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Mascara – Blackberry



For a chemical-free product this mascara is pretty budge-proof. It certainly compares with other off-the-shelf mascaras that claim to be water resistant. It is easy to apply and has a decent brush, but my favourite thing about this mascara is the colour. It is a deep burgundy plum, giving that extra ‘pop’ that plain black just can’t deliver. And it lengthens my stubby lashes noticeably, so huge brownie points there. It smells great too (if you hold it to your nose!).







Of course I use my Weleda Calendula Baby Lotion on my lips and hair (see review here), and I'm good to go in under 10 minutes!




3 comments:

  1. Intrigued by the black tea eyeliner! I await your verdict of the blacker version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i have became regular reader of our blog. Keep posting useful posts like this. Also try these websites
    Eye brow Services | Salon services for Eyebrow at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m curious to find out what blog system you have been using? I’m experiencing some small security problems with my latest website and I would like to find something more risk-free. Do you have any suggestions?
    face mask for acne Lahore

    ReplyDelete